20 January 2012

Awful Internet and the Rantings of a Friday

"Your internet should always be fast and reliable. But I will send a note to maintenance"
Why? Oh, maybe because we can't ever connect to the internet in our apartment after the hour of 4 p.m. System overload is our best guess. All we know that homework and hulu t.v. shows has become virtually impossible at night. Good thing we have movies and seasons of I Love Lucy to watch on our real life t.v.
Our quick fix remedy? Ethernet cables. Who would have thought right? Three cheers are in order for my dad and his possession and knowledge of such items.

Two classes on Friday is golden. I wake up, head to my 9 a.m. class, then head to he library, print off whatever I need to print, grab an amazing breakfast burrito (the burritos here are to die for everyone, I don't think you really understand. It's a 'you made it through the week without collapsing treat to myself') sit down on a lonely table by myself, plug in Fall Out Boy, Augustana, or whatever strikes my fancy that day, and dive into homework/internet surfing. (the internet speed on campus compared to the speed at my apartment makes me feel like I traveled to the future) I then waste about 2 1/2 hours of my day doing almost nothing before heading off to my last class.
Seems like a pretty safe and sound routine right? I thought so. Up until I somehow jammed the school printer without actually touching the massive machine. (they needed a new one anyways...) With that out of the way I went to the crossroads to get my breakfast and finish annotating a paper for English. As soon as I open my water to take a sip, I trip on absolutely nothing, totally soaking some poor man sitting innocently at his own table... I would have consoled him, helped him clean up, dry off, anything. But he ran away like a super hero with a call from the mayor... Awesome...
Not only that, but it's a curly hair day, seeing as I didn't fall asleep til 1 a.m. and had no desire to get up early to dry and straighten this mess.
Good thing the boy tells me he like my curly hair.
Being a people watcher shouldn't be as much fun as it really is. I'm reaching creeper status rather quickly.

The boy always tells me how much all of the teachers love him. He's the kid in the front row with all the answers and the occasional smart alek comments. I hate kids like him in my classes. I sit in the back, answer when called upon, and have a strong desire to debate anything that anyone says that I don't completely agree with. And my smart alek comments come out of my mouth like they are on a conveyor belt... haha. that's probably why all the teachers don't like me too much and sent me into the halls in high school

Well. I hope you all have a great weekend.
(my apologies for the sadistic tone throughout this entire post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment