16 September 2011

California Girls

Beach Boys

I woke up this morning, at the beautiful time of say, 9:30? (I thoroughly enjoy no early class on Friday) And I woke up to the gorgeous sight of pouring rain. It wasn't a downpour, and cats and dogs were not involved, but it was a constant, steady rain. Me and my roommate Steph were thoroughly excited. So, I left for class, not wearing a jacket or sporting an umbrella, and absolutely loving the weather around me. My fellow classmates? Not so much.

BYU-I has a very high population of native Californian's. And you can easily pick them out of a crowd when the windy, rainy weather hits. I walk into my writing for media class, rather chipper, and get almost menacing stares from a few of the people in the class. "It's freezing!" "Oh, I know right? I'm wearing yoga pants under my jeans, annnnd, 3 shirts and my sweatshirt!!" Myself, and the girl in front of me laughed out loud. She's from Seattle, and I'm from Orem. This weather, to us, is no big deal. But to them, I suppose it's near the end of the world. The poor things have no idea what's in store for them. The winds, the snow, the ice? They're going to be haters sooner than they realize.

Bring on the snow and ice. I need a good laugh right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment