18 September 2011

It Girl

Jason Derulo. So good.

Last night was the first night since I've been here that the words "I'm a freshman" didn't scare the boys away.

The night of the holy wars, so a new friend and myself went to the 'Crossroads' where they were playing the game on the big screen. We obviously wanted to engage in conversation with the opposite gender, so we picked a table with very decent looking boys and two open chairs. Turns out that one of the boys is from her home town, and one was from mine, although none of us knew each other.

Unless you were living under a rock this weekend, you now know the outcome of this game. It wasn't so hot for those who bleed blue. At the third quarter my friend and I got up to leave to perhaps find a party somewhere. The boys got up as well. But, since we didn't have solid plans, and they didn't either, they got our numbers to meet up with us later.

There was an exclusive, bouncers included party at the apartment complex of one of the boys. And since most of us didn't live there, we didn't think we would get it. But my friend with her small figure and flirty composure, distracted the massive men while we snuck in. She joined us shortly after.

It was an actual college party. Not a BYU-I party, but a college party. Weird to experience, but we rather enjoyed ourselves.

We left the party half an hour before curfew, to have a late night jam session at my friends apartment. Turns out I can play guitar chords I didn't know I knew.

We then listened to my friends acoustic cover of It Girl. So good. She's going to be famous one day. Even has the T-Swift hair for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment