10 April 2011

Every Morning

Sugar Ray
Like so many weekends spent with Katy, we get bored at some point or another and venture around the valley looking for something exciting.
After last night, I believe we will be doing this more often.
Riverwoods.
We were told to meet there by two junior boys who seemed to be just as bored as we were, pulling up to park we discovered something. There wasn't any parking. Why? We didn't know either.
Turns out there was a concert right smack in the middle of the strip mall.
Sugar Ray
Cool huh? We thought so.
Let me give some background before I describe the next event.
Our original plan that night was to make fun of prom dresses around the mall, try on the ugly ones and make fun of one another. So, naturally, I simply wore old basketball sweatpants and last year's softball shirt.
So as we were dancing near the back of the crowd an extremely dashing man offered his jacket to me, I suppose I looked cold. And not only did he offer, he persisted and nearly thrust it into my arms. But me and my stupid self declined. Why I didn't accept and use his jacket as an excuse to converse with him? Well, that question makes me want to sock myself.

My brain is still stuck in the "I'm too young and still in high school mode" and it needs to get out quick. My high school career is coming to a close rather soon, and approaches like previously stated won't be considered creepy and pedophile-like anymore. It will become the norm.

This boy approached me in raggedy sweats and my hair resembling that of a daddy-long-legs spider. Who knows what could have happened if I would have looked decent.


2 comments:

  1. Well yeah girl, you're gorgeous! You can get any man you want, no matter what you're wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! I laughed do hard when I heard that Sugar Ray was playing at Riverwoods. I wish I could have gone!

    ReplyDelete