20 February 2011

Tonight Tonight

Hot Chelle Rae. I adore this band and particularly this song.

High School Dances. Possibly one of the only reasons I still attend dear Timpanogos. Yes, I am one of those girls that love these events. Although I despise the dress, makeup, jewelry, shoes and such, it often turns to be worth it. When you have a date that has a favorite phrase along the lines of, "Hardly, I have the prettiest date." You know you picked a good kid to accompany you.

Big groups have never been my thing. But when you get 20 kids playing catch phrase things explode into laughter and a lovely time.

Sleepy Ridge Golf Course needs to be a venue of the past. It's nice I understand. But it has a never ending staircase and no room to dance. I don't enjoy getting on sweaty teenagers I barely know.

Lost? Josh and I were close to professional when it came to losing each other. We never meant to, but one would run off thinking the other was right behind, they weren't. We would eventually find each other, but people look at you funny when you're at a dance like this without a boy by your side.

Drop off central. While dropping off my date I realized how wonderful timing we had. 4 other couples within 5 houses of his all had the same idea. It was an after party.

Bathroom Supervision. It takes a total of 3 girls to figure out if a stall is occupied or not. I didn't know a conversation was important enough to follow the girl into the bathroom, finish your tale, and then leave. Who knew. Bathrooms are also for complaining. "My date's tie is blue. I told him my dress was orange. Does he know what logic is?" "Maybe he's colorblind?" "No I know he's not. We clash completely. It's fine...." Poor girl.

I almost killed the 8 of us in my car several times. I missed a turn 3 times in a row. Driving when you've been up for 21 hours straight is not a smart choice. We're lucky we're alive.

Want a good time? Get stuck behind a train for 20 minutes with the music full blast. Dance parties tend to erupt.

No comments:

Post a Comment