19 February 2011

Cupid Shuffle

As Long as You Love Me. Backstreet Boys.
Waking up on a Monday morning with a strong and severe case of senioritis results in a bad hair day and sweats. I wasn't wearing pink, hearts, red or anything in that area. I had forgotten. I walked down the school hallway on auto-pilot. It quickly switched off when I saw dozens of girls carrying big, shiny balloons, ridiculously large stuffed animals and boxes of chocolates. Even after seeing these things walk past me for a good 10 minutes, my mind still didn't process the reason for all the commotion. It wasn't until I passed a friend that I asked why all the random love was going around. He rolled his eyes, patted my head and told me to stop being silly. For it was Valentine's day. Awesome. I had forgotten. However I wasn't upset with myself. For I feel this holiday a tad obsolete.

Time After Time-Pat Benatar
If I was to plan someone else's wedding, this would be their first song.
Ever planned something for 20 people? I don't recommend it. When someone like me who wishes to have nearly every detail planned, 20 people become overwhelming. Too many problems occur, and too many issues remain unresolved. Although the outcome will more than likely be very worth it, I feel a tad burned out. Thank the heavens for girls who take it on with you and assist you in more ways then you thought possible. Being a planner of anything is not in my future.

Candle. White Tie Affair
Coming down with a severe cold. Heaven sometimes? When it enables you to sleep on your parents bed and watch endless 1940 movies it could very well be heaven to some. I learned why gentlemen prefer blondes, how Rebecca really died, that she's no angel, that Cary Grant and Irene Dunne make a wonderful pair in any movie, and that Lawrence Oliver is often overlooked, but never should be. Missing school is sometimes wonderful.

First Impression. Duran Duran.
Temple trips are a blessing. And I believe that we take living so close to one for granted. I could skip a class and attend and be back in time for my next class if I so desired. Living so close enables me to go at a time convenient for me, and not at 5 in the morning on a Saturday. Teens from Elko, Nevada aren't as fortunate. I went with my uncle and his priests and laurels because I missed him and my cousin, and I enjoy the temple. I don't enjoy 5 in the morning.
I'm awkward enough as it is when I meet new people, it's not one of my strengths. But put me around new people and give me 0 sleep and you're in for a show. I cut them all in line waiting to receive the clothes, I'm never like that and I heard them whisper, hey she skipped us... Did I apologize or go to the back of the line? No. I was tired and I didn't know them. So I'll apologize here. I had always thought dancing was always appropriate. Dancing to a hymn in a temple should be even more so shouldn't it? They didn't think so either. I was drying my hair in the dressing rooms while dancing to I Know That My Redeemer Lives. That will make a wonderful first impression. Laughing and bobbing up and down in the font will also make for a great first impression. Let's just say that the Elko boys won't be calling me anytime soon, and the girls now have a different perspective on Utah girls. First Impressions aren't my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment