10 January 2011

The Blessings

My Parents. Well, they're fantastic. If you knew them I know you would agree completely.

Jennifer. She's my best friend. We chat a lot, usually more than necessary. My dad likes shooting us stern looks from the stand in church because he knows we're talking too much. She understands all the random non-important happenings I rant about, and at times joins in the ranting. I quite enjoy it. She's one of the most giving people I know. Working full time while still being an incredibly mom can be no easy task. I realize at times I take all her service for granted and I try to let her know how much she is fully appreciated. One of the best cooks I know. I refuse to enjoy a brownie unless it comes from her. And my favorite of her dinners are the random sauces and pastas she makes by throwing all leftovers into a pot. They're uniquely delicious and fantastic for lunch the following day. She's amazing. I lover her with all my heart and more, and I'm truly thankful to be blessed with her in my life. I can only dream of being the mom she is to me.

Steven. He's a hoot and easily my favorite person I've ever known. If you're an avid reader, one of the first entries tells much about him. He's amazing and more loving than anyone I know. And I love the way he shows his love. "I love you" isn't a common term of his. But hugs, laughs, games, smiles and actions say it over and over again. We throw water at each other at dinner, he jumps out and scares me, walks centimeters behind me, teases like nobody ever has, and laughs his head off at a lot of my minuscule tragedies. And I wouldn't want him any other way.
He has every answer to any question you could ever think of. Knows just about every answer to any homework assignment, is willing to stay up late to finish my laundry, stays up all night when I'm sick, makes me a lunch every morning before school, leaves work if ever I need something. He sacrifices so much of his time it's unbelievable. He's a truly kind and giving person. I'm also quite partial to his random dance moves, loud and wonderful singing, and his diverse knowledge of music. I love him so much. He's a fantastic dad.

These paragraphs are quite scattered, so if you're looking for organization I apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment