09 January 2011

Day 2-Infatuation

My First love? I'd like to think we were very best friends who were 'together' because everyone told us we were, had our first kiss because we were supposed to. Not really because we felt that way.
9th grade and student council. But we began our innocent love story the spring before during track. The biggest attraction that I felt towards him was his height. He was substantially taller than me, and in 8th grade those boys were very few and far between.
Our flame grew ever so brighter during the student council training in st. george that summer. And in 9th grade it became inevitable. excerpt from my journal that year-"He's my very best friend. He steals his mom's phone to text me everyday. He always knows when to make me laugh. And we always have so much fun working on things for student council. I really like him. I wish I knew if he liked me back." I will spare you the next estrogen filled entry when I found out his feelings were mutual.
But that's just it. We were best friends who loved spending time with each other. We were constantly teased by everyone in our class. Sadly, things exploded after our first kiss and we didn't talk for at least a year.

However, we grew up, realized our stubbornness, and were thrown into each others lives again. No nothing love related came of this. But we are fond friends again. The Jazz is usually a hot topic for our conversations, and he works at chik-fil-a. I visit him now and then. He's a joy to have around, and he grew into a smart, caring young man. He's going places.
He's a great kid. An admirable first love.

No comments:

Post a Comment