01 December 2010

Still Still Still

The only good versions of this song are: Instrumental, Vienna Boys Choir.

I walked outside this morning at the joyous time of 6:20. To my wonder I found that it was lightly snowing. Not the heavy, big flakes, but the small, light ones. It was magnificent. And I forget this every winter, but there is nothing better than the silence that comes along with snowfall. Especially in the morning. Night snow is different. You still have the hustle bustle noise of cars and people buying present and participating in activities with each other, and EVERYONE seems to be in a hurry. In the morning the cars are few and far between, nobody is racing to their destination, and the light is hitting the snow and clouds just right to make the scenery that much more gorgeous. Not to mention I was heading to a violin lesson, that probably helped considerably with my mood.

Snow puts me in this blissful mood all day, do what you want to me, but it won't be changed. I might have fallen asleep in stats, I might have gotten frustrated in orchestra, I might have not practiced as much as I should have during independent music, and I might not have been as reverent as I should have been in seminary, but I was happy. That's all that matters right? Ha, ask my teachers that question.

Take a long breath next time you step out into falling snow and just admire the beauty around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment