16 December 2010

Just Like Heaven

The Cure. I'm on a cure kick. They pop up in my music in between the Christmas songs.

Only one more day. One more day of school until my two week break. And although a break might seem appealing, thinking of all the tasks I'm needing to accomplish frightens me. So we're going to leave that part out. You can infer what you wish.

Leaving school today felt like heaven. No more debates in government. I get too excited and passionate about things that don't cross my mind for the majority of my life. Odd. But it's over, so I don't have to worry about what I'm going to say next. I made some enemies, made some friends. And there's only 2 weeks left of the class. But that's not until 2o11. So we're not stressing about it.

No more AP English for 2 weeks. Heaven. Need I say more? If you're a victim in this class you understand. Props to Braden for being profound.

No physics homework for 2 weeks. No more over-my-head theories. Bliss. But leave it to Broadbent to find the most complex and confusing episode from NOVA for us to watch to close off the day. String theory? More than 3 dimensions? I'll ask my dad about it later when I have time. But for now I'll just let it blow over my head.

We like radio. And chips, dip and soda. And balloons. Band presentations are fantastic. Covey always blows my mind with his knowledge of obscure bands. This is what got me started on The Cure.

Work is work. We're funny.

Becca is home! I saw her car on the way home from school and nearly wet myself.

I wish I could live in the 80's. With big, messy hair, countless pairs of converse, crunchy jeans, and the best music of all time. I was born in the wrong decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment