02 November 2010

White Christmas

Many have performed this piece, but for bias's sake, Frank Sinatra.

It's November 2nd. It's still fairly decent weather outside, the leaves are still hanging on, displaying their array of color, Thanksgiving is yet to come, black friday hasn't occured, it's not Christmas time yet. But I'm ready for it. So ready.

I want to be able to listen to Christmas music without my family looking at me like I'm sinning. It's uplifting music usually about our savior. It's anything but a sin. I'm ready for the white beauty of snow, for the gorgeous decorations, colors, and shine. I'm ready for the smells. The trees, the books, the movies, the hype, the lights, the sounds, everything. It's probably not smart of me to get so excited so soon, because it'll be over before I know it. But this year, for some strange reason, has made me want Christmas so much more. It needs to be celebrated throughout the year.
My love goes to Scotty Halls who has the bravery and love to decorate for Christmas the second week of October. I purposely drive by his house night a lot. Why? His lights are shining beautifully. I'm lucky for him and orchestra. Without them I wouldn't be allowed my legal dose of pre-Christmas joy every day.
I promise it's not a sin to celebrate Christmas a little earlier than usual.

Side note: fm 100 failed me. No Christmas music yet. Anyone know of a station that does play holiday tunes this early?

No comments:

Post a Comment