01 November 2010

Long Time Coming

Oliver James. The eye candy in "What a Girl Wants" Am I right?
It was one of those long, drawn out, busier than a bee weekends.

Our orchestra concert.... nothing uplifting to say concerning the matter, however I will say that Canyon View could very well have been better than us. How embarrassing. We like lanyards that hang out of tux pockets, shoulder rests that fall off on stage, and bows that poke eyes out.

Old Navy decided to have a special. Halloween weekend, if you screamed you got twenty percent off an item. My ears are still ringing and my headache was everlasting. Not my cup of tea. Please don't ever come up with promotions like that again Old Navy. I'm begging here.

My grandparents came into town this weekend. I adore them in every way. My marriage will hopefully resemble theirs. And I want my love for the church to be as strong as theirs one day. They are phenomenal people, and both have dozens of qualities I envy and wish to obtain myself. I love them with all my heart. Visiting them, or them visiting me are always events that make it on to my top numbers list for the year.

Sadies Hawkins Dance. In my khaki pants. or poodle skirt...
Dressing up as a 50's chick was a lot more enjoyable than I anticipated. Pearl necklaces. folded over socks, waist high skirts that are 8 sizes too big for you. Nothing compares. But let's also be thankful for safety pins, scarves, cars, sweaters, and twirling abilities. However, being stroked on the face by a boy I can't recognize made me pee. Danny's lucky it didn't take me too long to decipher his features. I hate halloween, masks and wigs. I like to know who I'm around. I don't take to well to strangers and creeps.

The Oakland Raiders had a shut out against the Seahawks. My favorite was watching the game with fans from both teams. My poor Washington family.......

I finally decided on a major. It's a relief to finally know a little splice of my future... hopefully. Communications. I'm excited. I discovered this weekend that my great grandma was a babe back in her day. I had no idea, and I've never seen any pictures. My goal during school breaks for 2010 and 2011? Make a collection of memoirs and stories from my relatives. Everyone has a story to tell. I want to help tell it, make it known, and get a glimpse of a different life.

It's sort of kind of Christmas time. I'm stoked. Anyone else?

1 comment:

  1. What?? You already decided on a major??
    Goodness, even I don't have one!
    And did you go to Sadies with Danny?? You know... forget it. I'm texting you. Right now.

    ReplyDelete