20 November 2010

Souvenir D'Amerique

Henri Vieuxtemps
Listen to it. You will be amazed. I'm hoping to soon be able to master this piece. If you're lucky, it'll happen at my senior recital.

I had my last violin recital last night. It was strange. The weeks of stressing to memorize pieces, worrying about which bowings go where, which section had that one shift, where to stand, which shoes to wear so as not to come off too tall. It's over. I have a feeling I won't miss the cramming of practicing the week before, but I also have a feeling that, since Shauna invites former students to play, the church in PG hasn't seen the last of me. But I'm ok with that, the older kids get stands. However I have mastered playing with my music on the floor in front of me, so I might just stick with that.

HARRY POTTER
I was lucky enough to go to a pre-showing. Thanks again to Katy and her family. I was re-playing the scenes in my head the whole day after. It was an incredible movie.
Katy and I happened to be the only ones in the theater that screamed during the scene with Nagini. We were on top of each other, it's not a big deal. And we decided Harry would be an amazing friend. He knows how to make people around him happy. Although he's quite professional at nearly killing everyone around him. Maybe I'll wait.... I honestly can't wait until part 2 comes out, every time the screen went black to change to a new scene, I would silently pray to myself that it wasn't the end of the movie. And best part of all? I was well rested for school the next day. Sort of.

Christmas is nearly here. I love Thanksgiving and the attitude it brings, but I don't like working 35 hours in 1 week. I'm in for a long one....

I'm truly going to miss Amber when she leaves for her mission, she's the only one that I can dance in the car with that won't call me weird names. She comes in handy now and then.

Social Network? Smart movie with a little too much swearing for my taste. However it was quite clever. I came out of that theater feeling more educated than I do walking out of my physics class.....

No comments:

Post a Comment