16 November 2010

Bite My Tongue

Relient K.
Sometimes you just have to keep your mouth shut. I'm not very good at this.

There's those moments, where you wish you could say something, but you know it would only end horribly and you would be worse off than before. We love days filled with moments like these.

When an ex...friend? says something about their personality that you happen to know all too well is very wrong, and you only wish you could say something to prevent the new victim from going through the pain you went through. But saying something would just make everything so much worse.

When you want to talk to an old friend, and debate with yourself for a while whether or not it would be a good idea. Who knows, we could have ended up talking and laughing like old times. Probably not, but the chances are there. Too bad I lacked the courage. Now we will never know what could have happened.

When you overhear a conversation that makes your heart drop. All that I was excited for at work was shattered with just a few choice words. I wanted to run and yell, ask why on earth, why not me, what's the point anymore? But that's bad customer service right? Lucky me my heart is too forgiving for my own good at times;my heart might have been shattered tonight, but opinions didn't change.

Someone tell me when it's ok to speak my mind? I do it a lot, and often get scolded. But when, in sketchy situations like previously listed, would it be ok to let my emotions out?

No comments:

Post a Comment