26 October 2010

Peer Gynt Suite

Edvard Grieg.

Ah, Concert season, it's upon us. Mine happens tomorrow, we will see how that goes. It's at a Jr. High, and we're performing with two other jr. high orchestras. That's going to bring back memories I've spent nearly 2 years trying to repress.

The October concert. Always the worst one, everyone is new (sorta) to the orchestra, and the conductor is still trying to figure out how the new kids play. It's a blast. The cues are wrong, nobody stays together, the 1st violins rush, and it's a disaster. But a beautiful disaster. Once my bow hits the strings, the adrenaline of performance -which has seemed to be lessening with each performance- hits me and the world disappears. There are two good things about the october concert. It's soon over, and christmas soon will start being rehearsed...get ready for it....friday.

I attended Ryan's concert tonight. Junior High is something that I only miss because most of my friends attended with me, but we were separated come sophomore year. But as we were walking into the band hall of the school, these immature girls were wrestling each other, kind of, and using all the vulgarity they could possibly utter. 1. You're 13, stop. There is no reason for that kind of language. It just makes you sound unintelligent and well, trashy. 2. Don't push each other around laughingly in a small hallway full of people. You almost killed an elderly asian woman and almost trampled my mom. I see any of you doing either of these things again and the smacking will commence. the concert was adorable. The squeaky out of tune clarinets and the pitchy brass sections made it all that more great. And their conductor knew what a down beat meant, he knew what keeping time meant. I miss that. I truly miss my orchestra from last year. But nothing can be done about it anymore.

Problem:My best friend hates snow with an enormous passion. This is not good.
Problem:Becca is in Logan. Still, and won't return for a long time. I miss her immensely. But her text and genuine care for me help the new hole in my life. Miss you girl

No comments:

Post a Comment