14 November 2010

I Love to See the Temple

Primary Song book.

The beautiful structures, the glowing lights, and the voice inside your heart telling you that this building is a glorious structure where eternal families are made and God's work is being done. There's nothing greater. Well, the only thing greater is when it's the Salt Lake Temple and there's millions of Christmas lights surrounding it. But sadly, it's not quite time for that. Soon though, very soon.

I was asked to go on an outing to Temple Square this evening. Of course I was excited. However, why someone would want to wander around in the cold at temple square without the Christmas decorations all over was completely new to me. I was raining the entire time, (smart move with the lil umbrellas boys) but it was a wonderful experience.

I was a good 1 to 2 years older than everyone there, but that's fine. Nobody knew until I told them at the end of the night. Shows how completely mature I am right? The boys were all cousins, and man were they funny together. There's something about a group of boys that are very tight friends, they all seemed to be filled with hilarity for the bystanders. The sweet sister missionaries gave us a tour, a tour that I've had many many times but never really listened until now. It was powerful and heart touching. The simple things in the gospel tend to slip my mind now and then, and every time I hear the stories my testimony grows again and again.
Here's a shocker, there's not many tourists around temple square on a sunday night in the rain. So we were bombarded with companionships trying to share the word with us. I came up with the brilliant idea to be a different group of kids every time(members of a rehab home, college students, foreigners, strangers to the gospel, family,)... on the way home. I'm a quick one.

I love the temple and everything about it. I forget how important it really is sometimes.

thought:Brigham Young received inspiration on how to build the tabernacle so as to accommodate all the people and so they could all still here him. Resulting in the dome. I didn't know it was God's plan. Amazing right?

All in all, a fantastic night.
we like: dad's with falsettos, sister missionaries and their enthusiasm, sarcasm, 6 month drivers, candy, wedding receptions, huge and loving families, darth vadars bathroom, parasols, no door handles, volume, christmas music and SNOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment