15 November 2010

High School Never Ends

Bowling For Soup.
The Senior superlative nomination lists came out today. Boy I can't wait to fill those out....

Talk about a "who cares" survey. We were having a pretty intense discussion in ap english about 1984 and the control the government has on the minds of the citizens. and then out pops a pick your favorite people to stalk assignment. It's a very good thing I won't get graded on this, because I doubt it will get filled out. MVP is a given. If you're a senior at Timp you know who they are as well. But best back pockets?? Yeah, that's what I do with my time at school, observe the behinds of my peers. I go around the crowded, smelly halls thinking "wow, I'm sure jealous of the stitching on your hiney..." I understand that denim seems to have taken a liking to glitter and diamonds and bling. But honestly, all it does is draw more attention to... yeah. Enough said.
These superlatives are nuts. The MVP's most likely will major in something other than NBA drafts, the most successfuls could easily end up as hobo's, the most likely to make it to Hollywood? Good luck. The only worthwhile things on this sheet are best smile and eyes, and everyone has a pretty smile and EVERYONE has pretty eyes. When was the last time you saw someone with ugly eyes? Exactly. I'll put Katy's name on all of them and then turn it in.

Don't worry I don't attest the world today, or high school for that matter, I simply came to the realization on how high school thrives off of 1st impressions. It's a beautiful thing to watch. Especially those girls who happen to be the epitome of high school.

2 comments:

  1. amen.
    amen, amen, amen.

    ps. i love 1984.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Katy wins them all! But I'd put your name down for best smile and eyes any day...

    ReplyDelete