13 October 2010

Wrong Turn

Jack Johnson.

Anyone ever driven out to West Lake High School? Not so bad right? All you have to do is exit at Lehi and drive til you hit nowhere. Not anymore. There's the new freeway expansion and Pioneer Crossing. It was supposed to make things simpler and smoother. Which I believe it did, however I am a creature of habit, removing my habits is a bad idea. Especially when I have to find new options in the dark.

I took millions of wrong turns tonight. Several wrong ones on the way to help Sharissa ask her boy to Sadies. That was a little stupid of me, I've been there before. Who hit the off button on my brain? But then I had to drive to West Lake and back. I did fantastic on the way there. On the way back? I went right instead of left, thus leading us to the other side of Utah Lake. 10 minutes into the drive Katy and I realize that we weren't going the right way. Yay a detour! Yeah, obviously something didn't click in me that that particuar detour would have added hours onto our drive home. So we flipped around and headed back. 3 cheers for the directionally impaired.

-West Lake drill team took a wrong turn when picking their uniforms
-I made a wrong turn speaking to someone today who clearly didn't want to speak to me

We all make wrong turns. That's what the steering wheel is for.

No comments:

Post a Comment