14 October 2010

Best Day

Taylor Swift. I apologize for the Taylor overload.

My dad is an incredible guy, and I love him to death.

He picked me up from work today and on the way home I found out I came into some fine Jazz tickets for this very night, pre-season of course, against Phoenix. Nobody really wanted to go with me, so I had to come to the conclusion that I wouldn't be going. -I didn't want to go with anyone that would make me drive. If you know my driving, you understand why- So when dinner was over, and it was half an hour into the game, my dad motions driving to me and mouths "let's go to the game" easily made my night.

So off we were around the point of the mountain when I saw all the lit up temples. Yes I can say all because there's three there. That doesn't happen. I've never been to the Draper Temple, so my dad said after the game we could venture up to the great and spacious houses to sight see the temple.

We parked quite a ways away from the arena, who wants to pay for parking? I've never really seen that side of Salt Lake before. It definitely made me want to turn Urban when I grow up. I'm seeing a downtown in my future. There's so many hidden beauties in the forgotten and rugged downtown.

We get to the game as people were leaving. Right towards the end of half time. And the game was great. The meet and greet for me to see my boys before their primetime. You have promise gentlemen, please don't let me down.

Delicious Dessert. If I remembered the name of the bakery I would tell you all, but I apologize, it slipped my mind. This place is to die for. I could eat the entire store. And if I lived in the apartment building that shared it's parking lot? I would be the employee's best friend and be paying for most of their bills.

The drive to the temple was great. It's a good thing my dad knew where he was going... Don't worry he figured it out. Gorgeous. I love to see the temple.

All in all, I love my dad, the conversations we have, the laughs we have, the memories we have. I wouldn't have wanted to spend tonight with anyone else. Thanks Dad, for everything

1 comment:

  1. Hmm. Earlier tonight I mention to you that I read your blog, then I immediately turn up as the featured topic. Coincidence?

    Love you too!

    ReplyDelete