12 October 2010

Love Story

Taylor Swift.

Chick Flicks. Where the girl gets swept off her feet, the boy is crazy for her, and they always end up together. It's gotten to the point where you can recognize the ending couple by their first line in the movie. We all would like to believe this could happen to us, and perhaps it will, but chances are? Your chick flick or love story will be a lot more messy and elongated than those in the movies.

Anyone seen Valentines Day? It's 10 different love stories wrapped into an hour and a half of roses, rings, dogs, guitars, planes, and kisses. Watching a weekends worth of chick flicks will obviously lead a girl to wish she had a boy. -Girls if you can watch the movies I did and not feel that way you have a heart of steel and I want lessons.- But clearly, my life is boy free, and it's fantastic. I have a knack for getting hurt, and that always starts with a boy. My life is at the part of the movie when the girl has completed her bounce back, and learned to love life again. Waiting for the right guy to come around.... (Having a substitute teacher explain love and life to you really puts things into perspective) I wish my life was Mulan. Where she goes and fights for a purpose, and the boys happens to be included in the package. He's not what she set out to obtain. That's my new goal. Starting...now. But my life isn't Mulan, it's not when in Rome, or Life as We Know It, or any of those. It's my own story.

Crying and wallowing is a good thing after a break up. Just ask the Gilmore Girls. The pain you feel is unexplainable, and too real to ignore. Nothing helps it heal, and nothing calms it down. It distracts you from every aspect of your life. But my time for wallowing in my own self pity and unnecessary sorrow is past over. It's time to go defeat the huns.

No comments:

Post a Comment