25 October 2010

This Ain't No Love Song

Trace Adkins. That's right. I'm not in love. Thank goodness.

I'm a strong believer in music(obviously) and am upset with myself that it's taken me this long to experience the epiphany I had driving home from work. The best songs out there aren't about love.

There's zillions of songs about love, and I'll admit some of them are rather fantastic.(please say rather as follows:rawwwthah. to immitate somewhat of a british accent hopped up on a little somethin somethin) But come on, one can only sing about or listen to love for so long. Even if one is in love, it becomes exhausting. I believe that I've known this secretly for quite some time, but the best party songs, sing along songs, or just songs, are about friends, hating on someone, or living life. For example:Magic. One of my favorites at this point in time, and it's been a favorite for a while, which is really saying something for the music that comes out these days, so congrats B.O.B. you've cracked me. It's so much more fun to dance around and sing to songs that mean absolutely nothing, they're just there for you to sing to. Singing with the windows down? Not my thing. Singing with the windows up is a definite yes, with a bonus of "you're a weird one" looks from dozens of cars.
Clifford is my favorite to sing along in, his stereo is the loudest.
Next time, don't sing about love and mushiness, sing about life, Christmas, weekends, destroying cars, or even, sing about singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment