24 October 2010

Paperback Writer

The Beatles.

Remember in junior high, when you would receive a note from a friend that was folded up so cool and precisely that you felt bad for unfolding it? When each note was folded a different way? You know what I'm talking about. The hearts, the "pull here" tabs. It was grand. I used to proclaim my hate for these foldings, my reasoning being that it was too complicated to fold, and that the hamburger or hot dog folds were entirely sufficient. But deep inside, my hate came from jealousy. I'm not in any way crafty, and folding something in half is about the extent of my talents. I was jealous that I couldn't fold something like that...
Today brought back all of those horrid memories, when Ryan started making paper footballs out of gum wrappers and programs during sacrament meeting. I became immediately fascinated, and made him teach me how. I got so excited, it's just like folding a flag. But I couldn't do it, I tried and it looked horrible and messy. Then he took the paper, un-folded it, and made a perfect football.
We were going to play, but decided that would be inappropriate for church.
I'm jealous of everyone out there with those mad note folding skills. I would ask you to teach me, but I would probably get frustrated and burn the stupid thing. So thanks anyways.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you can't fold cool papers either. I can't even refold them back into shape if someone has already made one.

    ReplyDelete