26 September 2010

You're the Inspiration

Chicago. Let's put it this way, if you've never heard of Chicago, or if you have but don't like them? Stop saying you like music. This song yes, is about a girl who is his inspiration. Not quite what happened to over the weekend, but it was true inspiration.

College is just around the corner, and applicaiton deadlines are just down the street. I knew this, but I don't think it really hit me until last night when I sat down with my parents with a few college brochures. It's expensive, my ACT score needs to be higher, location, GPA, extra cirriculars, essays, moving out, living expenses. I was on the verge of tears, and if you know me, that is a rare occasion. And as mentioned previously, I attended the relief society broadcast.

I got home after my activities commenced, and balled my eyes out. I'm not ready to grow up at all. Things can stay the same. And the whole time I was fighting with myself whether or not joining the armed forces was a good idea. Serving my country is something I've always wanted to do more of. They will pay for my school, and the missionary work could be endless. It's an issue being fought in my head at the moment. Or at least, it was until this morning. Church was ward conference, so naturally my bishop spoke. His words were sent from God just for me. Revelation from God only comes when he deems it necessary. And it comes in Packages. Beautiful right? I knew that this was meant for me, and that all of my questions regarding the rest of my life would be answered when he felt that I was ready for them. This afternoon I got an answer.

The armed forces? Not for me. God and the prophets all say how important and what a blessing it is to be a woman. And although this thought still makes me gag, being a full time mom is the best blessing/career anyone could ever want. That's my answer. If I were to join the armed forces, things would be different family wise, and I might not be able to always be there for them.

My answers are coming, and my fear of growing up is slowly leaving. I'll get there.

Inspiration can come from anyone or from anywhere and anytime. We all need to be open to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment