27 September 2010

I Enjoy Being a Girl

Roger and Hammerstein. This frilly happy song is from the Musical "Flower Drum Song" Don't know it? Not many do, so look it up.

Do I enjoy being a girl? Most of the time.
I do like the three letters we can throw out whenever to excuse our random and inexplicable behavior. Those three letters have saved my pockets more than I would like to admit... However, the downside to those 3 letters? Let's not go into details but I have a good feeling that every girl dreads it.

Hair? Anyone can have it long, but let's get real. The length isn't becoming on you boys. So don't. I do love my long hair though. The flips and swishes when I run? more entertaining than it should be. Plus, there's always something to braid during a boring class. However, my curly mess is out of control. Thank the stars for straighteners.

Something that is superb about being a girl is dating. The stress about asking? Hardly ever put on our shoulders. My hat's off to you boys, it takes guts. Plus the money. Now I don't mind paying my share every now and then, but I am thankful the boys get to. Or, whomever asks. Plus it's just good being a girl in that whole scheme of things.

Girls sports at my school isn't half bad either. We're the teams who actually win more than 3 games a season. Well, all the girls teams except mine that is...

All in all. Being a girl is usually fantastic. I don't like the unexplained crying, extra work to look good when boys simply shower, the fear of pregnancy, or cooking. But ladies? Let's enjoy what we've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment