25 September 2010

Monster

Ne yo. He's got some beautiful monster in his life, and I heard this song while at work today, and it made my brain turn while folding cardis. which are 17.50 right now. A basic steal for how great they are. I happen to have a few beautiful monsters in my life as well ne yo. You're not the only one.

Church volleyball. I live for it. I happen to seriously rock at "jungle ball" or so it's called when you hit it back and forth over the net using 0 skill or strategy. It's beautiful. The monster? Short court, no room to serve, so they all go out. Woot....

Cleaning the room. A monster to everyone am I right? Let me know if you enjoy cleaning your bedroom and we can schedule a time for you to clean mine as well. The beautiful part? Adding to my wall of memoirs by finding my bundle of quotes and sayings from Jamie's sunday school class. If she's not the definition of overachiever than I don't know what is.

Work. Oh my heavens a monster. Who doesn't love folding clothes for hours on end. Or picking up after messes people leave. Or dealing with naked men in fitting rooms. Or cross dressers. Or poop on sandals? or having hours cut and only getting paid for an hours worth of work. Or the horrid songs that get played, and don't worry, you hear them over and over and over again. The records might as well be broken, cause Old Navy sure sounds like one. Or having a brand new GM for 2 whole weeks and still not ever working with him. Do I know anything about him? Absolutely not. Awesome. The beautiful part? The people and best friend/family relationship we all have. The annoying needy rude people that come in, and only being able to laugh at their absurdities. Having to tell college boys that even though I'm 18, it doesn't mean I'm in college. Shame sometimes, the boys last night were quite attractive. The music as well is pretty great occasionally. There's some bieber fever, or oldies or everything in between. Only problem? customers shoot weird looks and complain to managers when the employees go around dancing and singing. Oh Old Navy.... You hold a place in my heart forever.

College talks. BIG monster. I'm not one to like the growing up and moving away idea. If I could I would live at home forever. And as much as I hate high school, I'm not ready to go to college. Responsibility? Foreign term. Don't forget the cost. Ah. Horrid. Let's make it freak out Brenna day and discuss her future. I was ready to burst into tears. Beautiful part? ....We'll figure that out later.

And to make the cry lump in my throat bigger, my mother made me accompany her and Amber to the relief society broadcast because I am now technically an adult. Why didn't I want to go? They were going to talk about making babies and it being a commandment. The thought of... that process and such makes me want to throw up, I'm not old enough for those kinds of discussions. If you know what I mean. I discussed this with my mom and she said, honey, they don't talk about that stuff, they talk about being daughters of god, how to have a faithful righteous family and household. So I went. Hoping and praying that the term "multiply and replenish the earth" never came up. It turned out to be quite fantastic. I learned lots, and it definitely strengthened my testimony. However, second talk? all about makin babies. Thanks mom. I'm definitely not ready to grow up, but this session definitely made things seem a little more easier to handle.

Tangent. I realized tonight that women deal with self confidence, drama, and judgment issues just as much as teenage girls do. I didn't think about it until President Monson discussed how we are all daughters of God, and that to judge is a sin. Now, these are phrases heard at YW meetings, and I never thought they kept saying these things after we were grown up. So I asked my mother and sister about this after. Apparently, even after women marry and their husband loves them for their inner beauty more than anything, women still struggle with self esteem and appearance issues. This truly breaks my heart. And I hope I can be different from this. All women are amazing, and they enough to suffer through, appearance and worldly cares shouldn't be on their list. Women of the world, my heart goes out to you, and I hope you all realize how truly beautiful you all are, and how us teens look up to you.

Movie night. Beautiful. I love my mom and sister. But them making fun of my icee and nasty tasting food addiction is, well, expected I guess. It happens every time. Monster? Laughing at a part where nobody else does and having my mother hit me for it.... Odd.

Pimples. Monster. My face decided to grow a zoo recently. Awesome... It's probably all of this school and college. Too much for me. I should quit it all until my complexion returns. Beautiful? nope.

Homecoming games? Monster. I guess the Timpanogos football team doesn't understand the concept of winning when it's your homecoming game solely for the fact that the entire world shows up to see you win Mr undefeated team. And losing by 30 pts isn't the way to accomplish this. The don't understand that when it's another schools homecoming game, you should win because it embarrasses them. But my team clearly doesn't want this to happen. It's ok boys. I love all of you dearly, and you all know that, but let's get the team in shape. I know we can do it. Beauty? They lose the games I come to, I need to find a better friday night activity.

Song memories. Monster when it's the song you loved to sing with a certain boy. Or when it's the song you listened to to get over said boy. Beauty? Sharing songs with your best friend. Magical elevators for sure.

Friends. Getting texts to fast for a friend who happens to be one of the best, however, I had no idea of the problem or why it was desired for us to fast. Do I get informed when I asked. No. I'm losing these people and it's not setting well with me. Time for things to change. Beauty? The fect that my friends care so much about each other to openly fast for each other.

Now go and find your beautiful monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment