13 September 2010

Requiem

Mozart. Beautiful, if you haven't listened to it, please do. And while listening to it, take note to the extreme talent that the musicians must posses to play this. Have I played it? Why yes I have. And finally, after badgering the choir kids, well, after Katy pestered one of them, we got a recording tonight of our performance. That was in January... Why did it take us so long to get a recording? Well our orchestra director is a lot scatter brained, so she never got copies from the head honchos for us, and we were too lazy to really bug a choir kid.

I popped that cd in and oh man, memories and pure bliss rushed through my system. We sound professional, I can't even believe how incredible and together we sounded! Nothing compares, nothing.

The memories were also a huge plus. The grueling 2-6 hour rehearsals. And before the performance we had a couple all day rehearsals. The joy of falling on the cold, frozen winter grass during a break while Katy popped my back. (Sitting with a performance posture for that long is no walk in the park.) The numbness in my fingers. Meeting Mack Wilberg? Almost like meeting the prophet. It was complete and utter exhaustion for months. And I would do it all again in a heartbeat. I really miss the stress of no time because of the hours of rehearsals. I miss playing with an orchestra where EVERYBODY knew what they were doing. I even miss the choir... ha. Kinda...

It was an amazing experience. And hour of, straight playing, no breaks performance in the Provo Tabernacle. And to all the choir kids who whined and complained of how their voices hurt and that was too long of a performance for them? We played that song without any rests or breaks. You got breaks. Your voices hurt? my fingers were close to bleeding. Not to mention I had a cold that whole time. Even at the performance. That's a downer. So don't complain to me. I had it worse.

I love playing my violin. Nothing can compare to the feeling and emotions it brings. Play an instrument if you don't already. And if you haven't played Mozart's Requiem? Put it on your bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment