09 September 2010

Piano Man

Billy Joel. Epic legend my friends. And yes I am one of the millions of teenagers today using the word epic. Anyone ever listened to someone play the piano? Just sit there and listen for hours? If you have a bucket list, put it on there. I adore the piano, but sadly, can barely play it. Don't worry I'm learning. Played a simplified hymn today, and yes I am on my way to stardom. The only reason I'm learning is because of the extremely massive green monster on my back wanting to attack every piano player out there. I listen to them play their hearts out, make it look like a 2 year old could do it, and while marveling in the musical beauty, extreme jealousy begins to overcome me. So I'm learning. And to those who personally know me, let me add that if you ever want to listen to someone amazing play the piano, I know a few. I've spent an hour or so laying on the floor of Dylan's front room listening to him play (not to mention on his baby grand) and on a good day I can get him to sing. I want to hire him. I have concluded that piano music is a refuge. Anyone need a break or relaxing moment? Find a piano player.

No comments:

Post a Comment