19 September 2010

Party in the U.S.A.

Miley Stinky Cyrus. Pay no attention to the artist. If you could even call her that.

We've all heard this song. It's played on every radio station, and at every dance. Still. After a year+. All the girls scream and rush to the middle of the dance floor to party it up. Me? I run to the back of the floor with Katy to perform our creative dance to this joke of a song. But, sadly, last night Katy was nowhere to be found at homecoming, and I had to dance with the rest of the girls. Talk about elephant in the room. I haven't been to a dance without her since February... I had no idea what to do with myself. I was quite lucky that Danny was just as out of control as I was, so that I could dance like a maniac and he didn't make fun. Well, he still made fun but it gave me permission to throw it right back. Dances are insanely fun. But only if you're insane.

Homecoming was a ball. Talk about a group of gorgeous misfits. We were all friends in that "short head nod in the hall" kind of way. except the boys, who all seemed to get along a little too well if you ask me, but you just gotta let boys be boys sometimes. It's a treat to watch them be goofs around each other as well. Three cheers for good friends.

Sundance is gorgeous in the summer. The lift is a lot scarier though. Who knew the snow up there got so deep?? picnics are great. Especially when sweet DJ tells me to turn around and there's a giant spider less than a foot away from my head. How he stayed so calm I will never know. He also knows how spiders came to be. Ask him sometime, he gets very animated. It's fantastic.

P.F. Changs. How we love your dimmed lighting and family style cuisine. Quite a hassel when everyone wants the same thing but different as well. Thank goodness for the list feature on phones. Fire and straw wrappers? Don't dip the burning object in your water. It makes it undrinkable. Unless you're DJ, then apparently it makes it healthier.

Dances in a gym covered in white sheets? Reminds me of a padded cell. Awesome. Fish jumping, bleeding feet, and pure awesomeness would be the only way to describe those hours spent in the hot, sweaty, humid gym.

Falling asleep after? I hope Danny didn't fall asleep after dropping me off. He could be road kill right now for all I know. But with his 50 mph on a 25 limit road he is probably fine. Ha he's a keeper...

Party it up my friends. The only way to enjoy life is to really truly live every minute like it matters more than the one before. Don't get too footloose though... Just bask in the moment. It's a rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment