21 September 2010

Eet

Regina Spektor. Let's go off on a tangent real quick. We all know my unwavering love for tangents.

This song gets me thinking. Makes me remember times past, things that I possibly would want to relive to change the outcome. And others to look back and be glad it's finally over.

To the boy who became my other half-we had a good time. The term Best friends was an understatement. An entire year. We had ups and downs, who doesn't. But we were inseparable, always there for the other. and you knew me better than I knew myself. So many nights we spent talking, going to my favorite movies, driving for hours, listening to music. You became a part of the family. You didn't have an interest in some of the things that I did, but you tried every single one of them anyways. I tried as well, and my country playlist on my ipod is all thanks to you. A few actions, a couple conversations gone bad. And you're now completely gone from my life. We attend the same school, have a class together, and we don't even exchange nods. You've disappeared. When you text me about our friend in pain, we fight we can't even have a civil conversation anymore. Oh how times change...

To the boy who loves the Jazz. We were tight, and now have a lot of embarrassing stories we can share. Time has been good to us. You prove that friendship doesn't always die out.

To they boy who makes excuses. Making excuses to save my feelings? not smart. Girls find out everything. I know you lied about your reasoning. But I'm very ok with it. Things turned out for the better... almost. Please stop the mind games. It's not fair to me. I'm dying here.

To the boy who's always been there. Friendship lasts longer than anything. And I can't be more grateful that that's all we've ever been. We've helped each other through so much. And we get along better than most. I truly hope time doesn't ruin this for us.

To the boy with the hidden talents. I'm sorry. You're an incredible person. And you're one of the best friends I've had. But I'm sorry it couldn't be more. I couldn't keep trying. It hurt to see you hurt. Seeing you sad hurts more than you think. And I'm sorry for my major backstab. Thank you for forgiving.

It's like forgetting the words to your favorite song. You can't believe it, you were always singing along. It was so easy and the words so sweet. You can't remember, you try to feel the beat...

No comments:

Post a Comment