17 March 2013

Spicy Sunday

This Sunday for dinner I decided to make chicken enchiladas, per Will's request. Should be a breeze right?
Wrong. This is me we are talking about.
Things were going real good until it came time to spice up my sauce with chili powder. Instead of sprinkling I dumped. A big lump of chili powder dissolved immediately into my simmering sauce. This was our exact conversation-
Me : "Uh oh."
Will from the other room: "What did you break this time?"
Me: Nothing... I just... oops" followed by a mess of giggles.
Will then comes in to the kitchen:"Brenna, there's no way an uh oh followed by that laugh means anything good...especially when it's you. what happened?"

After I explained to him what happened, he gave me a hug and said, good thing I'm from Texas. Tried the sauce and told me how good it was.

He's a good husband
I'm a bad cook
And we're about to have a very interesting dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment