05 January 2012

Love the Subject-Hate the Class

I walk in, sit down, and situate myself. Just another class right? Then shorty mc-shorterson with possibly the best built body that I have ever seen sits down next to me. "hmm." I think to myself. "This class might be rather nice."
Cue professor. "Well class. Welcome to understanding the Middle East. Good thing all of you are here, because none of you actually understand it at all." He takes a seat on his podium, then proceeds to kick off his shoes, revealing mismatched, colorful socks.
I immediately knew I would like this professor.
"I believe in a casual life, with casual dress." As he loosens his tie, unbuttons the top button of his shirt and stretches out a bit.
"I love this subject. I've spent more than half my life in the middle east as an archaeologist. But, I hate teaching this class."
*audible gasp*
"Don't worry. I'll teach it all to you. But I get rather frustrated, rather quickly. So deal with it. I also have back and foot problems. So you can deal with those as well. I don't believe in Brainhoney/I-learn. I will be grading your papers with a red pen, you will be collecting them all when I hand them back. And that is how you will know your grade. I, lucky for you, do have a website though, so, through google I'm sure you can find it. You have an assignment posted. Print out some maps. Don't worry though, I won't make you color them in. I'm not a total freak. Good luck people"

Professor, this could be the start of a great semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment