27 October 2011

Ma'am!!

I wish all of these stories weren't true. I wish I was making these up. But, sadly they are true. I must have some sort of aura around me that says "please criticize my every move." Ugh.

So, walking in to the building of the track and basketball courts, there was a man in a red shirt. He, or someone like him, is usually perusing the building at this time of night to survey the condition of the building. I think. They're always walking around with a clip board and checking things off. So, we will go with that. As I walk past this man he looks me up and down, stares for a minute, and then proceeds to follow me on to the track. He stood off to the side, watching me as I started to run. About a mile or so into it, he starts practically screaming at me so that he might get my attention. Once he pulls me off the track he says "you aren't following the dress code." "Um, yes I am, I'm wearing the school approved gym clothes..." "No, when you came into the building you were wearing shorts. You can't wear shorts across campus, it's against the honor code." "Oh. Wait, do you have the power to enforce the honor code?" This is when he tried to sound official. "Well, I'm not sure my job enables me that kind of power, but I just feel like you should be following the dress code." I rolled my eyes and continued running. More than half the people coming and going every night are wearing shorts. And they don't bring pants to cover up... It's frustrating. I really must have 'please get after me' stamped across my forehead.

On the plus side, sweet boys leave Swedish Fish on my doorstep. They're the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment