17 October 2011

Dragons and Immanuel

Tests in my Book of Mormon class shouldn't really be considered tests. It's each student coming up with 5 questions, and then passing their questions to another student to answer. Knowing this, I would think each student would come up with easy questions, in hopes that they receive easy questions. At least, that's what I did.

And then I got my set of questions.

I love reading my scriptures, and at times I like to think myself somewhat knowledgeable in the gospel. But RM? I don't understand Isaiah on that deep of a level like you do. I think I started stressing more when I saw these questions than when I sat down for my math exam.
Thank goodness I was sandwiched between to different RM's that could guide me in the right direction. However, even they didn't know the answer to one of the questions.

So, overly knowledgeable RM, I hope the answer, "Because God will eventually release all the dragons from their underwater imprisonment in the new Millennium" was a sufficient answer for you.

1 comment:

  1. Did you really write that on your paper? I remember in my B of M class where we did that same kind of test. The kid who answered mine was an RM and answered one of the questions wrong. He thought he was right, so called the teacher over. The teacher said my answer was right for the context of the class, because the only way to know how to answer the way he did was if you had been to the temple. Which I hadn't at that point...

    ReplyDelete