12 June 2011

Sweet Home Alabama

Orem Summerfest. The most anticipated weekend of summer as a child. I loved being in the parade with my ballet class. And the fireworks always amazed me.

Some of this is still true. It's for the most part enjoyable, and the fireworks have yet to disappoint me, but I realize now the sort of people that come to these kinds of events.

Everyone.

I'm going to be honestly blunt here. I've never seen so much, well, white trash in all my life. And coming immediately from New York, I felt like I had entered Hicktown, USA. Don't get me wrong, people watching is a strong hobby of mine, and events like these fascinate me. I loved it. But good grief.

It may be summer now, but that doesn't mean we can walk around in clothes that could serve as underwear. Mmm. Attractive.

1 comment:

  1. Brenna! I love this:) But reeeeallly though! it was so much fun being with you guys all night:)

    ReplyDelete