25 May 2011

Clicking Pens and Tapping Feet

I want out. Now. There's only a week left. Countdown 7 days until I walk to retrieve my diploma. Once that puppy is tightly in my grasp, I'm running away. Running away knowing I'm done. No more teachers to send me in the hall for my speaking without thinking. No more crowded hallways filled with PDA, crack, and cussing. No more classes I can't stand. No more class at 7:45.
No More.
Sure, I could be nostalgic and list the many things I will probably miss about high school and being a teenager. But that's for another day. A day when I'm not itching to leave the hallways that seem to constantly be closing in on me. A day when I'm not dying to leave the kids that judge and treat me based upon my rumored past.
I'm ready for my new start, a summer, a new beginning.

I'm 19 in 3 months. I start college in 3 months. I'm scared out of my wits and couldn't be more excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment