24 March 2011

Why Can't the English?

Henry Higgins. My Fair Lady.

I've done my fair reading of Shakespeare, and works by English authors. And I've figured something out. If we used the language they did, our lives would seem so much more interesting.
Instead of someone saying, "oh that sounds fun" you could say instead "that sounds rather sporting" say "chipper" or "smashing." I would be so much more interested in a person if they used language like this. I'm reading a novel by a British author at the moment, and every paragraph holds me captive. I need to date a foreign boy.

Sharissa writes extremely fabulous stories. I look forward to them regularly, and have now been assigned the position of her editor. I'm honored and thrilled. This girl will go far in life.

Prom? Love to be asked, but the odds aren't in my favor. I'm all for dressing up and attending the movie if I don't attend the real thing. It'll be a ball.

My mom is leaving for the weekend. I don't much like when she leaves. Even if it's for only a weekend. But she more than deserves a weekend with her friends. She's amazing.

3rd term is finally over. 1 more and I'm out for good. I shall never miss these hallowed halls.

1 comment:

  1. You and I are going to start using the word "smashing" on a regular basis.
    The two of us in prom dresses at the movie Prom. People might get the wrong idea about us. Oh well they probably already do.
    You will miss THS. One day when you are in Idaho you will see and picture of the school and think "what is this warm fuzzy feeling inside of me?" It's nostalgia, you'll get used to it eventually.

    ReplyDelete