17 January 2011

You're So Vain

Carly Simon. However, if you were born in a more recent time, like me, you fell in love with song while Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey serenaded each other rather loudly.

I ran a few errands today, or rather, I became a mother figure by taking my brother to the doctor and picking up his prescription. I was told enough time to doll myself up, but I fell asleep and woke up in time to throw on my trusty sophomore basketball sweats, a bun and a hoodie. Mistake.

I didn't know that not getting ready for the day results in losing IQ points, and the hidden suggestion for people to treat you much like they would a small 7th grader.

Dear receptionists, pharmacists, doctors and interns. I may look younger without my daily dose of mascara, but I still happen to be 18. I still know what insurance means, I know what a prescription is, and how to turn it magically into medicine. Yes, my younger brother is several inches and many waist sizes larger than I am, but I can comprehend your small words just as well if not better than he can.

Mental note:When going to an interview, taking a test, or participating in anything of importance, look pretty. If not, I might as well be a garbage truck driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment