09 December 2010

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer

Take your pick of your favorite arrangement. But let's be honest, the classic movie's arrangement of this song simply cannot be bested.

We like long weeks. No, that doesn't describe it, we like weeks that could possibly last the span of one's life. Lucky me it's Thursday. However with the ACT on Saturday, this week just might not ever end. But every thorn has a rose.

Mine just happened to be the senior dinner/dance. Wasn't really planning on going, especially since the district orchestra had the first rehearsal at that same time. But Katy and I decided to let our inner rebels come forth and we ditched orchestra for this dance. All the while afraid that it wasn't going to be worth it. But you can all stop worrying, it was worth it.

Jill And Bre came with us, a car of 4 girls. Nothing better right? Well, that's how it was supposed to be. But I got sidetracked at Macey's and left from the store late. So we arrived late. Fashionably late. It was more of a statement than an accident...

Prizes. Nothing better right? Who doesn't love a good raffle. Me. I never win. However last night I was blessed to win a UVU t-shirt. You're all jealous I know. But I'd rather that than a car wash from 2 boys on student council or a kiss from the student body vp....

The food? Not worth the 15 I paid.... What did we like best about the dinner? The drink.

The dance? Well worth the 15. The cost weeded out the lames who simply stand on the dance floor. It eliminated the kids who judge the tall white girls who flail rather than dance. We were all flailing, no funny looks from anyone. It was rather enjoyable. My favorite part was the smelly teenagers all moshing in a room with 0 windows. But really, it was by far the best dance I had attended. Now let's all go whip our hair back and forth.

Why'd I pick old Rudy for my song choice? Well, if you've read my later posts you'd know my main talent is getting lost. Did you think it was possible to get lost driving back from the Provo library? Oh it is. And to make my talent shine even brighter I lost my car. The drive home and walk to the car was quite an adventure. Why those 3 girls let me drive I will never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment