06 December 2010

Rockin Around the Christmas Tree

I attest this song. But it fits my evening.

Family Night. I will always love this weekly adventure. The highlight always being the awful choir my little family makes. Angels We Have Heard On High? The Alleluias? Yeah, Von Trapp Family Choir for sure....

We decorated the Christmas Tree. Something I always love. It's a little bit different now that all the homemade, and toy-like ornaments stay in their box to let the color coordinated glass shapes have their turn. Each toy, paper wreath, small dolls, and so on, they all have a weirdly special place in my heart. Gus, the happy meal ornament my mom got at McDonald's way before I was born was always the envied guy, the 3 of us would fight all night as to who got to hang him. The wooden characters. Some on a swing, others on a bunk bed. Some of my favorites. And let's not forget all the picture frames we made in elementary school. Yes, the new ornaments make our tree look elegant and completely Christmas. With the angels, glitter, stars and shine you can't go wrong. But every once and a while I miss the cluttered messy tree from years past.

Make decorating your tree a big deal. You're hanging memories around for your visitors to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment