26 December 2010

If You Were Here

Thompson Twins. Sixteen Candles.

Easily one of my favorite movies of all time. 3 cheers for Christmas presents.

Watching 80's movies always makes me wonder, what did the 80's really look like? I have a hard time picturing it looking like now but with people wearing different clothes, driving different cars, that sort of thing. I think about the 80's and can only imagine things as a movie shows it. With a soft glow around everyone you come across. It's like as time went by, our eyes achieved better resolution. eyesight and color clarity became more and more clear as each year passed. This is a highly unlikely case, but I honestly cannot see it any other way. And I probably won't until the second coming.

And let's be honest here, all girls wish for a boy from the 80's. Our own Jake Ryan. Where the most attractive, popular boy in school leaves his gorgeous girlfriend and chases down falls for the awkward love-struck sophomore. If only every love story could start and end like Jake and Sam's.

I've fallen in love with the 80's. Someone take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment