24 December 2010

I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas

The little girl on the radio. I only wish to have such a unique voice as hers.

Twas the night before Christmas....
I personally feel this day to be more festive and heart warming than Christmas day itself. We all love the presents, but it's the activities we participate in the night before that make it Christmas.

I had to work. Not too shabby on Christmas Eve. Nobody shops. We're all funny, it's quite a party and things are thrown. My ray of sunshine co-worker is smitten. Not a big deal. He's gorgeous so it's fine.

I had to miss dinner, but it's ok they saved me some grub. Being the seafood junkies we are, my family had salmon. To die for salmon. What else do we do? Play games. Such as oh well. It's a crack up time when some of us don't know what we're doing. But it's me, when do I ever know what I'm doing? And I had to get that trait from someone and I believe it to be the Webb side of the family.

Pictionary. None of us can draw. Fabulous combination. This game leads to yelling and pictures of boats with men who were supposed to resemble that of a birds nest. Like I said, the artistic gene got scooped from the pool. Christmas Bingo. I didn't win, but then again the calling cards and the cards on the papers weren't the same. Hard to win that way. We're a very organized and efficient family.... But we're quite loveable.

We don't act out the nativity but we read the scriptures. You wouldn't want to act it out either if your 200+ pound brother asks to be baby Jesus. He will go far.

This post is meant to humor me more than any of you. It's 1 a.m. and I can hear Santa downstairs. No way am I sleeping. Perhaps this will make the time pass quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment