04 December 2010

Hello Seattle

Owl City. What? No Christmas? No worries to those of you who, like me, overly obsess about this time of year. It fits. Kind of.

Katy is turning 18 on Tuesday. Ha she has no idea what she's in for. Because of this special occasion her parents took her to dinner to Market Street Grill. Why they keep asking me to tag along I'll never know. They're fantastic that family. Katy especially. Ever been to Market Street Grill? Me either. But it smells like Seattle. A lot. I'm sure in reality it only smells like fish and salt, but to me that's Seattle. And I'm ok with that. As delicious and perfect as the night was, I was truly missing Washington the entire meal and drive home. Katy's parents didn't help when they asked where my mom was from. Washington. I miss the enormous amounts of snow that seem to accumulate there. I miss the sound of all the rivers. I miss Christmas town.

Leavenworth. It's Christmas town. Look it up. I miss all the lights and how pretty it looks covered in snow. Sadly I won't be able to spend Christmas up there this year. Partly because Old Navy has captured me. It's fine though.

I guess I'd rather be anywhere but here right now though. Anywhere but Orem. SLC, Vegas, Idaho, I'd even go for Provo. Just get me out of my daily routine.

Tangent:Food Babies. Some of us have them, some of us can try all we want but will never be blessed with them.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what you are talking about, Freddy my food baby was huge! Road trip time for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your food baby was the same size as my normal stomach. good try though. I'm in. We'll go to Logan to visit Becca first, then off to Washington.

    Becca I will come when I get a free weekend!!! I promise.

    ReplyDelete