30 December 2010

Auld Lang Syne

It's a new year.

2011. I've been counting on this year since elementary. The year I would become an adult. It's coming. in a matter of days it'll be the year where I'm thrown into the world and forced to learn life on my own. Cross your fingers I don't blow myself up trying to cook something or plug something in.

2010 has been good to me. We've become dear friends. I've made many new companions, shared tears with dear friends. Had my heart broken more than once. Broken my own heart, learned to love Christ even more. Shared enough laughs to fill the world. Grown inseparable to Katy. Turned 18. Was blessed by all those who care for me. Survived half of my senior year. Worked an uncountable amount of hours at Old Navy. and I watched my dear life-long friend graduate and grow up. She's beautiful. I can only dream to grow up to be like her. Becca, I will never forget the smile on your face as you walked, or your speech. You're my role model.

I was scared this year. Knowing college is swiftly approaching and my money being scarce I didn't and still don't know how I'm going to get through college. But with prayer and faith I can get through. Things are already falling into place. My ACT score took a huge jump up, and I'm already getting accepted into some schools. I'm still scared, but I have a deep feeling things will turn out o.k.

I'm graduating. I'm not old enough, mature enough, or ready enough. Ask my friends. I'm still 5 years old. This is strange. And I have a pretty good feeling I'll tear up when I see myself in a cap and gown.

2011. I will strive to be sweeter, kinder and more considerate of others. I hope to be closer to Christ. I wish to achieve bravery;something I've always lacked but always wished I could have. I will see the beauty in every day, rather than trucking through the rough ones and wishing for the good ones to come back again. Every day will be a blessing to me.

Happy New Year. I hope your 2011 is all you want it to be and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment