29 September 2010

Juliet

LMNT. Great song about 10 years ago. I remember rocking out to this song in my room still in my elemtary school uniform. ah the good old days...

Shakespeare. A legend and icon. Such a legend that high school drama has a whole night devoted to him. No, I usually don't go to things like this, pretty much never actually. But tonight, I went. What possessed me to do such a thing? I was offered extra credit in my english class for attending. And since I am in AP and I got a B on my last paper, I will take all the extra credit I can get.

Shocker, I went with Katy. Always. Lizzy even came. I like her. All three of us walked into the auditorium with the well known attitude of sign me in and get me out. I even brought homework to do while the skits and monologues were being performed. However, we walked out stunned.

These drama kids are incredible. Better than I imagined that's for sure. True emotion and feeling went into these short clips of acts and plays. The crazy ladies were insane, the lovers were in love, the killers came out on top, and justice was given where justice was due. A few of the performances literally gave me chills. I could watch some of you all day long and I could listen to some of the voices for the rest of my life. Great entertainment. I can't wait until you all perform the musical footloose. It'll be grand. Not to mention my unhealthy obsession with this play/movie.

I wish I could consider my self a drama kid. Alas, I can't, so I will leave the stage tears and slapstick comedy to the professionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment