04 September 2010

If I were a boy

Beyonce.
This song doesn't really fall into my taste of in music, but it couldn't describe my day any better. I replaced the front brake pads on my dad's car today, and curled up next to the axel covered in grease I couldn't have felt more like a boy. But then the fact that immediately after I finished the only thing I wanted to do was shower and clean my hair canceled out this thought of mine. Shortly after fixing up the car(which reverses and brakes silently now by the way) I left to watch the highly popular BYU football game. Did I care if they won? Not really but I missed my friends so I went anyway. It was a great time, but I'm not a boy, and although I love watching sports football has never really connected with me. Maybe I would enjoy it more, but I don't understand it, and I have better things to do with my time than to learn the in's and out's of the sport. Don't worry, my boy night got worse. After taking home my best friend due to homework and soccer shorts issues, I played video games with the boys. I love video games, but not when I've never played the particular one before and they don't want to waste time showing me. Awesome...
Boys. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em and I certainly never wish to be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment