05 December 2011

On This Blistery Day-Too Bad It's Not Wednesday

Stepping outside, taking a sniffle and having your snot freeze is... well.... cold.
Last night it was a whopping -10. This morning, at 10 a.m. it's -3.

Welcome to winter everyone.

So, remember in high school, and even jr. high, when sitting on the floor in the hallways, was not only a little strange, but incredibly dangerous? Now that college is upon us, sitting in the hallway is not only normal, but exciting if you can find an open spot near an outlet.

Nothing brightens a day more than walking into your writing class with your professor playing Rhapsody in Blue on the piano. Then, as he reaches his arms in the air as an expression of success, his sweater rips near the armpit. Laughing he says, "and that's why I'm a writer, and not a musician"

Getting out of class early, well, I'm definitely a fan.

Christmas concerts are perhaps one of the greatest things about Christmas time. Brian Stokes Mitchell has an amazing voice, that, if I'm in the shower, I can copy exactly. I adore the Nutcracker Suite. And getting to watch your best friend as she plays her Bass makes it all that much better. Not to mention the face she makes when really concentrating. Katy, you're fantastic.

A week and a half left. I won't be sleeping, and the library will be my new home. But, I can definitely make it work.

A perk to sitting in the hallway is eavesdropping. I'm pretty sure the two men conversing in front of me are Seniors. Discussing the competition that their classes now entail. They're also discussing balding.

I hope your Monday is as eventful as mine has been, and it's not even Noon.

1 comment: