01 November 2011

Lucky

Britney Spears

I was told today that I am too optimistic, I see too much of the good in people, and I'm too trusting. That I need to be more of a realist. He told me if I trusted too much, I would end up getting seriously hurt.

This boy opened my eyes.

Perhaps I am an optimistic person, but lately, I've been nothing but grouchy and pessimistic. Starting to really regret my decision of coming up here... Feeling picked on, singled out, and almost totally alone.
But this past weekend and the conversation from science boy helped me to see that all of this negativity I had been feeling towards Rexburg, was because I wanted to feel negative about it all.

So, with mid-terms over, and the end of semester in sight, along with the Christmas season, I'm giving this freezing campus another look. I'm lucky to have the friends that I have, to be taking the classes I am, to be receiving the grades that I have been. I came up here with a not so good attitude because something that means an awful lot to me resides 4 hours from this little college town, but now that I've seen that a bad attitude gets you absolutely nowhere, I'm changing the way I see my life up here.
Things are going to get a lot better from here out. No matter how many crazy people tell me I'm breaking the honor code.

(going back to the title, being a 90's child was fantastic wasn't it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment