29 September 2011

"How Many Hours?"

Currently, I'm enrolled in the University Orchestra, and private violin lessons. Together, these classes are worth 2 credits. And require a total of 9 hours a week outside of class. That's right. 9. No doubling up the material you practice, or counting orchestra for practice time for the lessons. It's all separate.
I'm a communications major. What in the world was I thinking?

Stumbled upon a football practice this afternoon (on the way to, shocker, the music building) oh how I miss the yell of a coach and the sound of a whistle. Shouldn't have slept through the softball tryouts.

I'm at the 'crossroads' supposedly studying, and a large student tour group came through. They're all definitely younger than 18. Each passing student makes me more and more grateful that I'm 19.

This laptop is a piece. I need a new one.

Sat next to a poly sci major during a heated global warming discussion during science today. I found it extremely amusing, and he found me just as amusing. We were quite the pair. The poor professor was stumped more than once. This boy stole my phone to enter his number, when I realized how massive his hands were. He then says, "Well, I should hope so, I'm 6'5". Why I hadn't noticed this boy I will never know. But we will be friends in the future.

Less than 24 hours until I'm back in O-town. I can't wait, Rexburg is starting to affect me...

Did I mention that I missed my once a week lecture class? Awesome... I definitely need to start going to bed earlier.

1 comment: