09 September 2011

"Have Fun In Sexburg!"

I apologize for the inappropriate title, and now that I am a BYU-I girl, following strict honor codes, I should be more aware, but I found this quote extremely appropriate for my first post away from home.

My church is at 9:30. Approximately 1 zillion YSA wards here, and I get stuck with an early time. I shouldn't complain seeing as all my classes start earlier than that, but I was hoping for a little bit of a sleep in day. Guess not.

My roommate has yet to show up. The room looks strange, all moved in and divided exactly in half.

Nobody here understands sarcasm. I'm in a whole heap of trouble, and a whole heap of people give me strange looks. I'm not as funny here as I was in Orem.

I miss my Oremites....

New people are great. I rather enjoy making friends.

My major has yet to change. But my emphasis might change to PR.

This 'Get Connected' freshman deal is nothing but a glorified EFY. Get me to my college classes please.

You can definitely feel the spirit here that everyone talks about.

I cooked my first meal away from home about half an hour ago. The hamburger helper looked fine until it made it into my bowl then it gobbed itself into a softish brick. I'm in trouble kids.

Well, I'm off to a talent show? Kirby Heybourne is appearing at I-Night tomorrow. But then again, what kind of a name is Kirby?

No comments:

Post a Comment