04 September 2011

#5694

This post is long overdue, and I only have 2 shifts left, so I suppose now is a great time to let you all in to a building that has become a small part of me.

Lakeside Shopping Center. Although, nobody actually knows where that is. It's Ross, TJ Max, Old Navy, those stores on University Parkway. Hey, now you can finally say you learned something from reading this.

I got called in for an interview around October of 2009. And was interviewed by a girl who is now one of my dearest and closest friends. Nervous as could be, I answered all of the questions as best as I knew how. Once I discussed that I would not be available from Dec. 25th to Jan. 3, I figured the job wouldn't be mine. But for some reason, they hired me anyways.

Holiday Hire; Temporary position.

I made a few friends, got along with my bosses, and earned some money. But that's all it was to me.

Fast Forward to that next summer. When another one of my very best friends was hired. We now discuss everything under the sun, share all secrets and help the other through life's drama.

Now to the end of that Summer. New management team.
I almost transferred. We all almost transferred.

But I stuck it out. And that new management team is now my 2nd family.
1 knows my entire life story, helps me with boy problems, and has my matching sarcastic personality.
1 sings all the songs that come over the speakers a little too loud and gives me advice.
1 has the best laugh in recorded history
1 insults me more than anyone, but laughs when I throw it right back at her.
1 is a 5 year old in a grown man's body.

With my now very best friends, including Mr. Grinch, this store has indeed become my second home. I'm going to miss all the sparkling personalities there, and will visit as often as I visit Orem. I wish you all could come on my next adventure with me. I hope our relationships stay as tight as they are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment